Please read these terms before you start using this website. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
By using this website, you confirm that you agree and accept the terms of this website detailed in the following sections:
(2) Acceptable Use Policy; and
(together the “terms”)
AND YOU AGREE TO FULLY COMPLY WITH THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN YOU MUST NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
E&CM is registered in England and Wales under the company number 05498141 and has a registered office of Unit 2 Olympic Park, Woolston Grange Avenue, Warrington, Cheshire, WA2 0LY. Our main trading address is 4th Floor, Springfield House, Springfield Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 2RG and VAT number is 897387544.
CHANGES TO THIS WEBSITE
We may revise these terms at any time by amending this website page. You are expected to check this website page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
We may update this website from time to time and may change the content at any time. Please note that any of the content on this website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that this website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE
This website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that this website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to this website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of this website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to this website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and fully comply with them.
This website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through this website is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of this website or any service or product described on this website to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access this website from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at our contact details shown on this website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on this website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on this website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on this website must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the content on this website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on this website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on this website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on this website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to this website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use this website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on this website.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the website content links to this website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of website content links.
UPDATING CONTENT TO THIS WEBSITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to this website, or to make contact with other users of this website, you must comply with the content standards set out in these terms. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any content you upload to this website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the section (Rights You Licence) below.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to this website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of this website.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on this website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy below.
The views expressed by other users on this website do not represent our views or values. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
RIGHTS YOU LICENCE
When you upload or post content to this website, you grant the following licenses:
- A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the services provided by this website and across different media and to promote the website or services; and
- A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to allow third parties to use the content for their purposes.
We will only ever use your materials to carry out your instructions to us – unless, very exceptionally, a court or other regulator orders us to disclose them.
We do not guarantee that this website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access this website. You should use your own virus protection software
You must not misuse this website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this website, the server on which this website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this website. You must not attack this website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this website will cease immediately.
(2) ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access this website. This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, this website and your use of this website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this Acceptable Use Policy.
You may use this website only for lawful purposes. You may not use this website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards detailed below;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of this website in contravention of the provisions of our terms; or
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of this website;
- any equipment or network on which this website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of this website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on this website, including, without limitation; Bulletin boards or Blogs.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on this website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on this website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to this website (“contributions”) and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts);
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions); or
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Promote sexually explicit material or violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal activity;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERNIMATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of this website. When a breach of terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
A breach of these terms may result in us taking all or any of the following actions:
Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use this website;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to this website;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you; or
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of this website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. E&CM use this information to make the website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after two years.
LINKING TO THIS WEBSITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to this website in any website that is not owned by you. This website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. If you wish to make any use of content on this website other than that set out above, please contact details shown on this website.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THIS WEBSITE
Where this website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
This website operates an email newsletter program used to inform you about products and services supplied by us. You can subscribe through an online automated process should you wish to do so but do so at your own discretion. Some subscriptions are manually processed through prior written agreements. All personal details relating to subscriptions is held securely by us.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and us participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform, respectively.
You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate and engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users of this website wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email outside of this website.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. You are advised before using such social sharing buttons that you do this at your own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.