We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our Energy Accounting team at our Caerphilly office to manage a variety of services for clients including query management, bill validation and reporting – a job description is attached.
If you have experience of working in a similar process driven analytical role, ideally from within the utilities/energy sector, it would be great to hear from you.
What we’ll offer you
There’s a very competitive salary on offer, an attractive benefits package including 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), Private Health Care, employer enhanced Pension contributions, Holiday Trading, plus much more.
To apply just email your CV and covering letter to – [email protected]
|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Department / Team:||Data Services|
|Reports to:||Data Services Team Leader|
|Employment Status:||Full Time Permanent|
Working within the Data Services team the Data Analyst is responsible for bill validation, invoice query management and cost and consumption reporting services to a portfolio of clients assigned to them.
• Maintain database information accurately
• Obtain invoices and data in a timely manner in readiness for validation or periodic reports
• Ensure emails and reports are filed as necessary
• Understand and adhere to operational processes and procedures
• Ensure data completeness for client portfolios
• Liaise with suppliers to obtain information and resolve queries
• Raise cases and queries for any exceptions or issues
• Maintain internal service level tracker and generate reports to manage workload
• Providing a first-class client experience to internal and external stakeholders
• Attend client meetings and take part in client conference calls where required
• Build knowledge of the energy industry and develop an understanding of queries and resolution
• Build effective relationships with suppliers to ensure queries are dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible
• Report any complaint following the agreed internal process
• Support the wider needs of the business as and when reasonably required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Educated to higher level or degree level or equivalent in analytical subject or similar (Desirable)
• Experience of working in the energy/utility industry and knowledge of supplier processes (Desirable)
• Experience in a similar analytical role (Desirable)
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office – in particular Excel
• Customer Service Skills: Be polite, conscientious. Engage with a can-do attitude
• Effective Communication: Clear, concise. Be mindful of your audience
• Building Relationships: Be honest, approachable, positive and helpful
• Organisational Skills: Use IT systems effectively to organise workload, adhere to SLAs
• External Representation: Be available to attend meetings where required. Be smart, presentable and professional at all time
• Standard IT Skills: Good understanding of MS packages with at least a basic understanding of Excel
• Processes: Develop an understanding of all internal processes required to carry out role, where available
• Reporting: Provide reports at the relevant level of detail in an accurate and timely fashion
• Analytical Skills: Demonstrate an aptitude for recognising patterns and inconsistencies relating to billing and consumption data
• Attention to Detail: Maintaining a high level of accuracy in regards to email, files, reports and internal systems
• Teamwork: Making yourself available to support wider team where appropriate
• Attitude: Be positive, polite and respectful of all colleagues, clients and suppliers
• Go the Extra Mile: Demonstrate a willingness to go over and above expected duties
• Employees are required to carry out their duties in accordance with the Company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
This job description reflects the position at the present time and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There may be other duties and requirements to be carried out.